Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Wednesday Night Swarthmore Blogging

You can now see best-seller lists on Amazon.com for any number of different communities, geographical or otherwise. Here's the list for Swarthmore:
  1. The Da Vinci Code
  2. Nazi Seizure of Power: The Experience of a Single German Town 1922-1945
  3. Quicksilver
  4. Lies and the Lying Liars Who Tell Them: A Fair and Balanced Look at the Right
  5. Blueprint for Disaster: A Get Fuzzy Collection
  6. Cryptonomicon
  7. The South Beach Diet: The Delicious, Doctor-Designed, Foolproof Plan for Fast and Healthy Weight Loss
  8. Straight Talking : A Novel
  9. The Complete Far Side 1980-1994
  10. Blow Fly: A Scarpetta Novel
Not entirely what I would have predicted, especially #7.

In other news, the course schedule for the Spring 2006 semester has been released. Contra Barry Schwartz, the mere knowledge that I have to make this decision brings me great joy, despite the fact that I'm choosing from some 747 offerings.

3 Comments:

Blogger Isaac said...

And the presence of #2 makes you wonder how many copies that represents. Because that is clearly just one class ordering copies.

Plus, how many students buy books from school for fun? I don't. I have a library. So this may well be picking up book purchases of staff more than anything else...

3:23 PM  
Blogger henry said...

Or gifts for family members...can't staff use the library?

7:57 AM  
Blogger Isaac said...

Yeah, staff can use the library. But at home I have de facto access to an academic library far better than Swat, but I do buy books...So I think it is something about being a student that makes you cheap, and not the access to a library...

1:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home