Thursday, September 15, 2005

Should I Tell The People?

If I know that there will be no blogging at a site, I am wont to stop visiting that site. Normally I remember when they have re-commenced blogging, but sometimes I simply stop visiting. On the other hand, if I am not aware that the blogger will be on hiatus, then I keep on visiting in the expectation of new material. At some point, you'd think, I'd become sufficiently annoyed at the lack of new material to stop visiting. I'd increase my subjective probability of the blogger never posting again, and, perhaps, stop visiting. Meanwhile, I visit.

What is the optimal strategy from a hit-hungry blogger taking a break? Do you tell the people, in which case they might lose the habit of visiting you, or do you leave them in ignorance, in which case they might become pissed off at you -- though they continue to rack up hits?

On the theory that more information is better (and that it doesn't matter because I a) don't have readers and b) I have a co-blogger), this is a long way of saying that I'm off to home sweet home for the weekend. Not for this, but my sister's wedding. Expect no blogging. Though expectations are frequently confounded.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home