Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Notes from London

  • Note to self: if I am ever an unskilled worker who is easily replaced, don't go on strike. The Gate Gourmet folks are still protesting their firing by the runways here at Heathrow.
  • If I change all my money into forints I will probably come out ahead since the forints are tied to the Euro and the dollar is depreciating. Yet I'm not going to do that.
  • Windows won't let me change my clock to 24-hour time. Why?!


UPDATE: So the Gate Gourmet strikers are perhaps doing something since they were the reason I didn't get a meal on my LON-BUD flight. Very luckily, I went to Burger King right before the flight, which was the cheapest food in Heathrow but still expensive. I changed $20 into a little more than £9 and the "Whopper meal" was £5.78. Which means it cost around $12. Oh well, money seems meaningless in such situations. I also can't figure out if that was the exchange people ripping me off, the fact that the dollar is worthless, or exorbitant airport pricing.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Battlepanda said...

Are you in London?

4:19 PM  
Blogger henry said...

No, I just had a connection there. I'm in Budapest from now until Christmas.

4:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home